Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger



Welcome back to Q’s Tips. This week is all about working out and some tips to help you get through your tough workouts or to just get motivated. One of my favorite workouts is playing rugby, as you might have heard me say only about a hundred times. I know myself it can be hard to find the motivation to get a workout in, but I always feel so much better once it’s over. Speaking of rugby, this week we beat Merrimack 126-0 and our record now stands at 4-0.

On to the Tips:

  • Sign up to get a personal trainer for the basic movements in the gym.
  • Go with a friend for extra motivation.
  • Focus on the technique instead of the quantity of repetitions.
  • Find a set of workouts that challenge you to become more fit.
  • Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout.
  • Find an activity that can also be used as a workout that is fun and you enjoy.
  • Make a routine for the week that you’ll stick to.
  • Use your workout as a meditation period.
  • If you get sick or injured and have to stop working out for a period, start back up as soon as you are better.
  • It is much harder to start back up after being out of the loop for a while, so try to be as committed as possible to your plans. 

Working out with your friends is easier especially when it's at a crossfit gym.
 

This workout will really challenge you. Find more at: http://neilarey.com/100-no-equipment-workouts.html


It's always better to be prepared to have more water than not enough.

I have been working out since I was in high school when I wanted to train for throwing discus and shot-put for my high school track team. I went to lifting sessions with the women’s basketball team at 6 a.m. three days a week so that I could establish stronger muscles when it came to using them for throwing. Since I had the experience of learning how to properly lift, I am able to do so much more in the gym.





Surprisingly I do not listen to music at all when I’m in the gym. So all of the tunes I played on the show are some that a majority of people would listen to. Some of these songs are on the top playlists from the radio and others are songs about working out. If they didn’t get you in the mood to work out, I hope that they at least got you in the mood to dance.

One Last Thing:
We have another home game this Sunday against Holy Cross here at St. Mike’s. We are playing at 1 p.m. on the 300’s field. Holy Cross is also a 4-0 team, so we hope to win and become 5-0 in the conference. Come out and support if you are able to do so.

It was a high tackle and a high score...for us.

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment