Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I've Been Everywhere

This week on Q’s Tips is all about taking a road trip. On the playlist below is a song for every state; I played some of my favorites from the list since I didn’t have time for all 50 songs. Some of the tips are common sense while others you might not have thought of. I had a great road trip with my blog editor Sharon from Illinois to Vermont this summer. In rugby news, we won our game against Bentley University 101-0. I was able to score the first try of the game.

On to the Tips:

  • Make a good playlist of music.
  • Have at least one buddy for the trip.
  • Invest in a GPS.
  • Bring snacks for the road.
  • Bring cash for gas stations to save a few cents per gallon.
  • Have coins ready for tolls or have your I-Pass or E-Z Pass ready.
  • Have maps and printed out directions to find your way.
  • If the trip is too long, split it into two days to get a fresh start.
  • If you get lost, don't panic. Ask for help at a rest stop.
  • Count all of the different license plates (or cops) you see throughout the trip. 


Part of a great playlist that lasted for a 17 hour road trip.

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

License plates are like Pokemon, gotta find them all.


I have been on a few road trips in my life, many of which were in short distances to my grandma’s house in Wisconsin, and others longer, such as going to Florida for spring break. Road trips provide a good time to catch up with the people in the car. They also help to ease the budget, especially during high-flight times. This summer, I took my first road trip without my parents. It was a good way to learn that I am not very good at paying attention to important signs and directions. If it wasn’t for Sharon, I would have been headed down to Florida and not known what happened. Editor’s Note: She really would have ended up in Florida had I not been there to interpret the maps.

This week I went through and found a song for each of the 50 states. Some have the state name directly in the title and others have the major city or export from the state. I also threw in some songs that have to do with the country as a whole. Below is the Spotify playlist with the full list of songs. You can also find here what songs I was able to play live on the show.




One Last thing:
We have our next game at home coming up on Saturday, October 11. We will be taking on the Merrimack College Warriors. We appreciate our fans coming to support us. If we win, this will bring us to a 4-0 record for the season.

Our reaction after scoring our house tries. Everyone in our house scored this weekend!




Moonlight in Vermont by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
What else to put as the feature song than the one that I currently reside in.

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment