Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Want to start a radio show?



Welcome back to Q’s Tips the blog. It’s been a long time since I have been on the radio, and I am glad to be back. This semester I am on the air Wednesdays from 9-11 am. This week I thought it would be great to tell you tips about starting a radio show since this is the second time I am starting my show. Rugby is back in session and we are already 2-0 with wins against Providence 62-5 and Bryant 79-0. I scored in both of the games, with a total of 3 at the Bryant game.


On to the tips:

  • Make an unforgettable DJ name so you will be talked about often.
  • Create a catchy show title that symbolizes what you want to give during the show.
  • Get a great time spot to allow all your friends and family to listen in.
  • Go to a school that has a radio station to allow students to broadcast their favorite tunes.
  • Make sure to publicize your show to get the most listeners.
  • Ask what others want to hear if you can’t think of what songs you want to listen to for a certain week.
  • After making a playlist, check out that all of your selections have clean lyrics. No radio official likes a song that needs to be cleaned up.
  • Always be ready for your show to start. Make every minute that you have count for your show.
  • Develop a pattern that each show will follow; this makes it easier to remember to fit every part in.
  • Make a blog for all of your loyal listeners who cannot listen when you are on the air. This also helps you recall what you talked about or played for the week.
The lovely sign made by Sara. There will be a new one for this semester soon!


The new studio in the Dion Student Center, AKA the New Building.

It's blog inception.

This semester I am going to try a new approach of matching the tips to the music. So instead of having a theme of music and random tips, they are all going to match. So watch out for all of the themes that are going to be coming your way this semester. This week I am starting with how to start a radio show since this is the second time that I have a show. All of the songs are my favorites from the shows I did last year. Check out the playlist online or below and listen to some of the songs again from Spotify.





Since I am talking about starting a radio show, it only seemed appropriate to talk about how the radio started. You can read more about it here. There are also some facts that I touched on in the show that you can find here.  Thank goodness there is a radio station at my school so I can share all of my knowledge with all of you. 
  
One last thing:

We are going down to Bentley University on Saturday at 1 pm to take on the Falcons in hopes of going 3-0 for our season. Come cheer on your favorite team if you are in the area and want to see a great game.

Going in for a line out at the Bryant game on Saturday.


Throwback from the numbers show with Taylor Swift's "22"

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment