Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday



I may not have an Instagram to post all of my Throwback pictures on so that can’t stop me from sharing those pictures with all of you. I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to share some of my great pictures from the years. When I was home two weeks ago for spring break I went through my house finding some highlights from the years. Along with this I went through the tips from last semester and found the best tip from each of the 11 shows and blogs I had. Enjoy. In rugby news our game was cancelled due to too much rain on the field at UConn.

On to the Tips:
  • When spelling cucumber, remember it doesn't begin with q.
  • Put your alarm clock across the room so you have to get up in the morning instead of turning over to turn it off.
  • Dress for success for tests if you don’t normally dress up for class because if you look good, you’ll feel good and you’ll do good.
  • Sing through your day instead of only talking; it’s much more fun and gets your brain thinking of how to sing each word.
  • Make your own costume to save money and to have fun making one. (from the Halloween show)
  • If a “no running” sign is posted, but you still need to get somewhere fast, skip. Skipping is not running and is the loophole to the rule.
  • Get a mini stapler to fit in your backpack; you’ll never have to worry if you need to find a stapler in time for class again.
  • Do a sit test when buying new pants. You never want to end up getting pants that show your whole butt as you sit down.
  • When watching the Thanksgiving football game, make funny comments if you're not a fan of football. (from the Thanksgiving show)
  • The first 2 letters of “Done” are “Do.” When you’re trying to get something done you have to do it first. I learned that one from my grandpa – he was a good tip maker, too.
  • If you decide to wrap a gift in multiple layers, use newspaper in between layers of wrapping paper so you don’t waste as much wrapping paper. (from the Christmas show)
Aren't I an adorable child?
First day of kindergarten when I loved Pocahontas and Barbie, I guess.

We are the coolest sisters around, and still are.
Someone trusted me to fly a plane.

Going into eight grade, when I first learned how to straighten my hair.
Now a licensed driver, 4 years running.

Made it through high school...alive.

Remember the good times when you heard my tips through the radio?



I hope you enjoy all of the pictures from my childhood up until now. When I was home, I looked for some of the best pictures to show. For my 8th grade and high school graduations, my mom put together a collection of pictures and documents through my years in school. With her help I was able to show you the best pictures from my childhood.

If you didn’t know, the trend or hashtag “#tbt (#ThrowbackThursday) is all over Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I don’t really do too much throwback Thursdaying only because I don’t always have access to all of the older photos that would make good pictures. Looking at old pictures brings back all of the memories that came along with the particular day that they were taken. The only problem with taking so many pictures during events is that you spend more time focusing on getting the best shot instead of enjoying the event for what it is.

One Last Thing:
This Saturday we are going to have our first home game of the season. We are going to be playing University of Vermont, UVM, at 12:00 p.m. on the pitch at St. Michael’s College. Join in to see your favorite team take on our cross-town rivals and to see the new players in their first home game. Unfortunately I will be not be at the game. I have the opportunity to go on the LEAP retreat through our campus ministry program and will be heading up to Isle La Motte to participate on the retreat this weekend. Still, come on over to SMC to support your favorite team. 

The fall 2012 UVM mud game was one of my favorites I played in.

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment