Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wait…Now Let Me Take a Selfie



If you are not already aware of the trend of Snapchatting, these are the tips for you. I personally am a big fan of Snapchat because it has the added bonus of seeing a picture in addition to the text of the message being sent. Like most of these tips this semester, these are mostly trial and error that most people have done. And for anyone who hasn’t seen these particular tips, congratulations, you are leaning something new today. In rugby news we won against St. Anslem’s 44-0 which means that we will be traveling to Rutgers University this weekend to pursue our goal of winning Nationals.

On to the tips:

  • Make as many funny faces as you can to your friends.
  • Tap on the picture to add a caption to make the picture funnier.
  • Hold the picture button to create a video.
  • Try to be as surprising as possible when sending the pictures instead of having your friends see your normal life.
  • Add pictures to the “My Story” feature to create a fun story of your day.
  • Make sure the pictures in your “My Story,” which can be viewed by all of your friends in your Snap Chat contacts, is something they can relate to or understand.
  • If your picture or video is really good, make sure to save it, because once it’s gone, it is gone, relatively speaking.
  • Use your story to tell the weather outside.
  • Swipe side to side to change the color of the picture for added effects to your snaps.
  • Use the color palate to draw beautiful pictures over your already awesome pictures. 


Do all of these make sense, maybe. But now all my friends can see them.

You don't see a dinosaur every day.

I interviewed this stranger for my fake weather updates for my story.


This week I chose to do songs that revolved around taking pictures in one way or another. It was quite hard to find songs that fell into that category that would fit well. Also, it was interesting to see how many songs do talk about taking pictures and how it is a good way to share a moment with many other people. You can also find the full list of songs that I played here. As the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words.







I didn’t get Snapchat for a while because I didn’t like the fact that it would use a bunch of my data plan if I wasn’t on Wi-Fi. Once I did get it, I fell in love with how much fun it is. I must say that I am personally better at doing video snaps than the picture snaps only because I can speak my thoughts much better than writing them out. I have done snaps from riding my unicycle, to rolling down a hill, and giving weather updates the day of a massive storm. Snapchat is a good creative outlet for anyone trying to show their creativity.

I had way too much fun with my weather channel jacket the day of a big storm last March.

One Last thing:
This week we are going to be heading down to Rutgers University for our first round of rugby national playoffs. Our game for now is scheduled for 5pm If you are in the area please stop by to support us as we start the journey of Nationals. Since we are now in the playoffs, it is elimination round, so we play until we lose.

Kodachrome by Paul Simon

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment