Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I’m Moving Out



Don't get too mislead by the title, I'm only moving out for a next adventure by packing. It’s that time of year when you need to pack to go somewhere for Thanksgiving dinner. Packing is always the worst part about going anywhere, because if you forget anything, you’ll have to plan accordingly to find an alternative for what you forgot about. I have had my fair share of forgetting things on vacations and needing to replace them.



On to the Tips:
  • Always pack an extra pair of undies.
  • Pack clothes for cold weather, even if you are going to a warm location.
  • For carry-on liquids, remember 3-1-1. Three ounces, in one quart size bag, and each passenger only gets one bag.
  • Only pack what you need, instead of your entire wardrobe, for a short trip.
  • Set up your clothes in outfits before you leave so you don’t panic when having to pick out clothes when you get there.
  • Pack your PJ’s to sleep in.
  • If you have trouble sleeping, pack some ear plugs to be in your own world.
  • Roll your clothes for added space in your suitcase.
  • Get a bag that is light, so if you can worry less about your suitcase going over the weight maximum.
  • If you take too few clothes, do laundry so you can feel better about re-wearing the same clothes again on the trip.

This alpaca is ready to go. Are you?
Don't forget your PJ's since you'll need to sleep at some point.

Rolling your clothes saves some space for more.



This summer I thought nothing could be better than adding some packing tips to the list. And fortunately there are so many songs that go along with this theme. I was surprised of all of the songs that have to do with moving or packing. These are some classics and some that I had not heard of. So when you listen, or will be listening, to the playlist, think of all of the interesting times you have gone somewhere new.





As you might know from the blog about airports I do a frequent amount of traveling. Though I am not the best packer in the world, because I often forget things or think about the item I need and never pack. I do still have a good time regardless of what activity I’m doing with or without the few items I really need.

One Last thing:
This year we have the full week off for Thanksgiving, which means that there will not be a show next week; I will be in D.C. visiting my sister and parents. If you need some help with pumping yourself up for Thanksgiving, check out the Thanksgiving blog from last year here. Have a great Thanksgiving and make sure to tell your family that you are thankful and appreciate them.

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment