Friday, February 14, 2014

Love is in the Air



If you can’t tell by the date today, it’s Valentine’s Day. So you know that there will be a large amount of pink and red all over the place. Valentine’s Day has become somewhat of a Hallmark holiday, but it does provide a wonderful reminder that we can appreciate those we love most in our life. I wrote out some tips for you to enjoy today’s wonderful day. If only I would still have the radio show, I would have found some wonderful love songs for all of you to enjoy.


On to the Tips:
  • Get a card for that special someone. It can even be your mom.
  • Buy some Valentine's Day cards for your friends and feel like you are in grade school again.
  • Some might say chocolate is the way to a girl’s heart on Valentine's Day, but I would say a thought-out, hand-written letter might get me head over heels.
  • Don't feel that you need to get into Valentine's Day; you can tell someone you love them every day, not only on February 14.
  • If you love the chocolate but hate the outrageous prices; wait a day to get your candy.
  • You may want to be Cupid today, but please don't try to shoot anyone with real arrows.
  • Get in the spirit by wearing pink, red, or purple. You'll feel extra lovey that way.
  • Make a playlist with all of your favorite love songs. If I was doing my show, I would've had a great one for you.
  • Watch a great love movie to get you into the Valentine's Day mood.
  • Just because you don't have someone to share today with, you can still shower yourself with love: make it a day about you.

Seeing that I don't have a date for Valentine's Day, my mom gets to be my valentine today.

I don't know if I would use this exact songs, but here are some songs to get you into the V-Day mood.

This movie is funny even when it's not Valentine's Day.

Valentine’s Day is always the most exciting day in elementary school because you get to decorate a shoe box and receive valentines from all of your classmates. At least that’s how it was done for me. Now that I am older, it is not the most exciting day because it reminds me that I’m single… and LOVING it! I don’t need to worry about making anyone’s expectations too high or low for what I should be getting them. So if you’re single like me, embrace it.

This weekend I get to spend the weekend with my parents. Every year my dad comes up to go skiing in the mountains of Vermont. One this fine Valentine’s Day, we are skiing at the wonderful Stowe ski resort. It is my first time skiing there and I am very excited that I have the opportunity to ski with my dad. My mom is able to come out this weekend too. It is the first time I’ve seen them since being home for the Christmas break.

Keep SMCing,
DJ Q

No comments:

Post a Comment